Thursday, March 29, 2012



25th
April 1915

Dear
Mother,
In
the short amount of time I have been here I have seen more suffering than you
could possibly imagine. Soldiers are coming to us nurses with severed arms,
burns and many bullet wounds. I fear everyday that I will see father coming
into the tent injured or worse dead. I really do hope he is alright. The living
conditions here are awful we live on rations which have to be sheared between 5
women and we have to sleep on very uncomfortable camping stretchers. I am
awfully tired and I have a severe case of disentre. But I am sure the
Your
daughter solider are worse off then we are and so I am going to continue my
duty to save as many soldiers as I can. Don’t worry I am sure ill be home soon.
Love
from
Gretchen

1 comment:

Wainuioru School said...

Loving it Gretchen!!!:) lol

Ngaumu wordle

a href="http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/3749444/Untitled" title="Wordle: Untitled">Wordle: Untitled